With skinny jeans back in style again, many of us would love to pull on that pair that we wore a few years back or purchase a brand new pair that will look great on our bodies. Unfortunately, our thighs and backsides don’t always agree with that goal. If you want to get your lower half in shape so that you can get into skinny jeans this season, then there are two things that you need to do: burn fat, and tone your rear.
Fortunately, there is a skinny jeans workout that you can do that won’t take a lot of time but that will have a big impact on your efforts to reach your goal. The key is to do them all in sequence without taking any rest between them. Do the full circuit twice in a row.
• Step 1: squat-lunge-curl. This move begins by standing with your arms at your sides. Squat until your thighs reach a level that they are parallel to the floor. Stand back up again and lunge forward with your left foot until your left thigh is parallel to the floor. Push up and curl your right heel toward your glutes, then repeat with your right leg first and a left curl. Alternate 20 times.
• Step 2: squat with dumbbell. Take a heavy dumbbell in each hand and hold it at arm’s length ahead at the level of your pelvis. Stand with your feet apart at twice the width of your shoulders with your toes slightly turned out. Push back your hips and bend your knees to lower your body as much as possible, hold, and rise again. Repeat 10 times.
• Step 3: stability lunge. Stand with your arms at your sides and your feet apart at shoulder width. Lift your knee so that your thigh is parallel to the floor. Raise your arms overhead and touch your palms. Hold for five seconds and lunge forward. Return to standing. Repeat 10 times, alternating legs.
• Step 4: bent-knee lift with dumbbell. Arrange 10 pound dumbbells horizontally in a line on the floor in front of you. Squat, keeping your chest upright, and use an overhand grasp to pick up the dumbbells. Keeping your arms straight and your back arched slightly (not rounded), contract your glutes and stand, pulling your torso back and up and pushing your hips forward. Slowly lower the dumbbells back to the floor. Repeat 10 times.
• Step 5: reverse lunge. Standing on a 6 inch step, place your hands on your hips. Squeeze your right glute and step back, continuing to lower yourself until your left knee has a 90 degree bend. Pause, then push back up to standing again, repeat four times with that leg and another four times with the other leg.